• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   40 weeks 1 day ago

Why the fuck are you even here then??? Don't you have anything else going on in your life?

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   40 weeks 1 day ago

Looks like you were wrong. Suck it, hater.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   44 weeks 6 days ago

I was at 45 hours and got to the October before I stopped. The hype really gets to you and makes you deal with the flaws. This game is so repititive and has way too many dialogues. It is pretty bad when your character dies and you have to go over 45 minutes again which is so frustrating and how you don't control the other characters who do stupid things. The combat is quite enjoyable for the first 25 hours but then becomes tiresome. The monotony of playing it sure gets to you. I like depressing edgy stories, but this games main story really sucks compared to the main shin megami tensei games. I think it was getting a bit better just before I stopped playing. Social links, I only really enjoyed 2 of them and one just at the last few levels, the rest I dislike the character or am not interested at all. The soundtrack is so bad I would call it nonexistent. This game is a sludge to go through, I think I'll give Final Fantasy X a shot.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   46 weeks 6 days ago

LOL..... REAL Problems

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   50 weeks 2 days ago

Um.. 999/999 means he reach max Level. that means he's good.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   50 weeks 2 days ago

Wow. You suck. Why would anyone want to play Persona 4 now that you tell him that he sucks and he should play it. You are making the rest of the Persona Fan look bad.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   51 weeks 3 days ago

I love how fans of this game are wishing death. This is hilarious.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   51 weeks 3 days ago

It does.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   51 weeks 3 days ago

Ah. wishing Death... how ironic.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   51 weeks 3 days ago

I don't get it

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   51 weeks 6 days ago

As someone who loves this series... yeah, I gotta agree, Persona 3 does suck compared to the other games in the series.

> Tartarus does get boring very quickly, especially since it's about 262 floors high and randomly generated, and very grindy
    > However Persona 4 and 5 changed this, instead the dungeons are preset
    > The ability to control your whole party was added back in Persona 3 Portable (an enhanced port of Persona 3 to the PSP) and Persona 4 onwards. These games are so much better.
    > Boss battles do suck, no lying about it. You just keep hitting their weaknesses or, in terms of the last battle, have enough Personas to avoid all of its attacks (not spoiling the end but the boss changes its properties 12 or 13 and every phase has different attacks, e.g. one will have Agi skills and the other will use Bufu skills, so you need change Persona every time the boss changes phase).
    > The story is dark and emo (and I love it) but the presentation is horrible: you have basically no story until the monthly boss fight, after which you get cutscenes and a whole lot of dialogue
    > Both of the Persona 2 games (Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment), Persona 4 and Persona 5 are way better, sorry Persona 3 fanboys!
    > If you want an even more bad JRPG, play Persona 1. It's abhorrently bad!
    > If you still hate the Persona series even after all of the improvements Persona 4 and Persona 5 have, maybe try playing the main Shin Megami Tensei series. It's much more of a traditional JRPG experience from what I've heard (no I haven't played them yet but I do intend to. Apparently they're quite hard, too).

• Temple Run   1 year 3 weeks ago

Online leaderboards have brought scores back into relevance, but who know ?
    I like the possibility to put my score on some website like for example acidbat.com, but seriously, it's not so relevant for me.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   1 year 6 weeks ago

Why not p5 they add shadow negotiation back

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   1 year 6 weeks ago
    P5

P5 has it to it lets you talk to your friends or teammates at there phone

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   1 year 6 weeks ago
    P5

P5 Bro its a version where you die from a boss they tell you if you want to battle thek again or if its a palace boss it will question if you want to go back before your boss battle

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   1 year 7 weeks ago

Huh? i'm pretty sure it doesn't..?

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   1 year 13 weeks ago

Persona 3, as much as I loved it, I agree that Tartarus became irritating. I enjoy the battle system though. You should see some gameplay on Persona 5 though, it seems to fix all the problems from P3 and 4. Especially with its flashy animations and stuff. And if it looks good enough, perhaps try it out. P3 was like the most grindy in the series I believe. If anything, leveling up felt slower than in P2. But if anything, P4 and 5 are not grindy. Apparently in P5 the hallways in dungeons (which by the way, are NOT randomly generated.) are small, making it really hard to avoid enemies. And while supposedly the difficulty curve is balanced, I can only see grinding becoming necessary if you're trying to complete the Persona compendium or fusing a persona creatively. Also the soundtrack is way better than Persona 3 and 4... And I love P4's OST. Way better than P3's. I love Persona 4 much more than P3, and the reason? At its core, the Persona games are GAMES with GAMEPLAY. Also I thought that other than the slow start, the pacing is better, because even though the events used to spice up the story is "filler" at least it's SOMETHING to do other than JUST GRINDING OR SOCIAL LINKS. (Although P4 isn't grindy unless like I said above, you're completing the compendium.) Although I loved Social Links and dungeon crawling in P3, I hated having to wait till the end of the month for something to happen. Which is why I enjoyed P4's story more. It seems almost as if the ONLY reason people like P3 better is the darker story. I didn't find it "OMFG SO FUCKING DARK AAAAHHHH SO DEEP AND COMPLEX AND EDGY!!!" Like apparently everyone else did... Seriously, guys, ever heard of GANTZ or Berserk!? It's still a dark game, and I emjoyed the story nonetheless, but seriously... I didn't find the characters in P3 or 4 to be super relatable, but just because characters aren't relatable doesn't make them bad characters. You guys act like relatability is the only thing that makes a character good. Anyway, sorry for the wall of text, I just felt like sharing my opinions.

• Gemini Rue   1 year 19 weeks ago

I read the article fully and will like to say it is filled with the stuff about GEMINI Rue which seems interesting. So, Now, I will like to share this all material with my uncle when I will come back after taking the Cherry Blossom Tour which I booked through TopBusTours

• Gemini Rue   1 year 19 weeks ago

GEMINI Rue is looking good to me after reading the article as I came to know enough about it and will share with my dad too after my tours to niagara

• Mass Effect: Redemption   1 year 23 weeks ago

Nice thanks for review on this fanfic!

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   1 year 23 weeks ago

About the review,its actually right,persona 3 is inferior to other games of the serie,even eliminating the negociation from the first two games,and you are reading that from a persona fan
    And abou the comments,if someone doesnt like this game,it will not make the game bad,but i guess that all the hate comments are made by fanboys who doesnt care if the game is awfull,as long as it haves persona in the title

• Dragon Ball Z: Budokai   1 year 24 weeks ago

Looks like I'm six years too late. You hold the guard button (default guard button should be x on the play station and a on the xbox) and then double tap and hold the back button, being whatever direction is opposite to your opponent, on the d-pad. You can also double tap and hold back on the left analog stick to charge if you're more comfortable charging energy that way.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   1 year 25 weeks ago

Story -
    What you listed as "emo" or "depressed" with the characters I ask 'How in the blue hell are they even remotely "emo" or "depressed?"' as you like to put it
    RPGs have always had long and boring starts even FFVII (Yes, I am a big fan of FFVII and I still stand by this disregarding all of my FFVII bias) and really its just your avg. solve this mystery and save the world kind of RPG really, nothing new or bad with that.

- Social Links/Non-Battle Shenanigans -
    Social Links helps developes the characters you interact with and you get to see they're not all exactly bread and butter and its fun to see how attach you become to these people as a result.

Though moving on to your "cell phone" bit, I'm sorry but that's not really a treand cuz other than GTA IV which is the only game I've played besides P3 that have characters buggin' you via cellphones and even disregarding what I've played, haven't really seen it at all minus GTA tbh so not really a trend.

- Tartarus -
    Tartarus doesn't look exactly the same cuz you have different "blocks" you go through to break up the boredom ever so slightly. So even though I saw the same layout a lot through those blocks I didn't really care about that cuz I was either focusing on fighting or rushing to get Elizabeth's Quests done or get to the Bosses at predestined floors like Venus Eagles (3x) on Floor 5.

Albeit it *can* get annoying I love fighting the bosses cuz it feels like I overcame a hurdle and I feel accomplished thanks to it, and the Tarot Card bosses (Full Moon bosses) make those boss fights interesting whether it be for before battle or during it. Sure some can go die in a fire but hey not all of them are winners.

- Overall -
    I honestly don't get why you hate this game as much as you do but I do think you're being incredibly unfair to not just this game but the entie RPG genre as a whole. That's like saying you hate the Platforming genre just cuz you hate this one platforming game so badly that it killed it for you.

Anyway, you need to give this a proper shot again cuz it's not as bad as you made it out to be. It's a fun game through-and-through.

• Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden   1 year 25 weeks ago

You could have at least gotten to a battle! But it's curious that you both stopped before anything even started (at one point or another). Says something about the game's pacing. You're already a Game Maker-made JRPG indie game, your audience is small enough, don't lose a percentage of players early on to a slow beginning with HUGE pauses in between dialog.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   1 year 26 weeks ago

I understand you right now.
    Probably one of the worst problems I have with this game is how "even" you are to your enemies and how bosses and literally shots in the dark towards beating them and missing those shot grants you death.
    Literally minutes away from writing this, I was on floor 49, I had beaten the guardian on floor 47 and and having just the shittiest luck in any dog I've ever played.
    "What are the rates on the main character missing magic and melee strikes? I watched myself miss 2 bufu's and 3 melee strikes in a row a fight against 3 tables on fire (forgot what they were called since I was so pissed at the time and still kinda am) and then being destroyed by their agilao's one after another was the final straw.
    I gazed furiously at the 4 skulls across everyone's little portrait and then thought "hey, it's only like the 4th time I've been wiped by ridiculously strong enemies despite playing well. Lemme try again." So then I grinded (I was down 4 levels on my main before death and saving really is a time consuming process)
    And then while grinding up, the game freezes. I won't be surprised if I never play this game again honestly.
    My luck has been ABYSMAL as of late, and yeah the caps were needed. "A masterpiece" they said. "You can't miss this one out" they said.
    fuck them. They need to find a better rpg to hype.