• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   4 years 23 hours ago

OK, why the hell is everyone shouting about this? Persona is the best game ever. The battle system is awesome and the bosses are great. Nobody should ever hate this game. I know I won't. I will love it as my fav game forever. I worship nyx and i have changed my name to Mistoki Nagasai as that's what I called my character in P3P. There!!!

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   4 years 2 days ago

NO! FES has no DIRECT COMMAND! Look it up or play it Moron!

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   4 years 2 days ago

The games 2 easy 4 me, I need 2 play a game like Final Fantasy! BECUZ THAT'S THE ONLY RPG THAT SHOULD EVER BE COMPARED TO OTHERS. No. It's not. Not all games are the same, if they were,it'd be terrible. P3 adds a very distinct category in RPGs. Which is good. A game with story 100 hours long and an ending that makes you sob is quite frankly a very well written story. I would suggest to people who hate P3 to play more Final Fantasy and never stray out to find a diamond in the rough like p3 was.

• Mass Effect: An Audio-Visual Experience   4 years 1 week ago

Brings back fresh memories (just finsihed the game a few days ago)... I'd just wish you had turned that film grain off. Otherwise, great work ! Let's do the same for Me2 and Me3 ! :))

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   4 years 1 week ago

You didn't play x-2 did you? Cause he gets revived and they love happily ever after.

• Mobile Minute: Pudding Monsters, TNNS, Extreme Road Trip 2   4 years 2 weeks ago

YES. Pudding monsters was a flat, by-the-numbers puzzle game. There were some cute moments when the monsters looked at you, or winced when you screwed up, but you're right that it's just dull.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   4 years 3 weeks ago

I wonder how many RPGs have you guys played to draw that conclusion. I've been playing JRPGs from SNES era until now, and among all these games this one could only find a place in mid-tier at best.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   4 years 3 weeks ago

Agree, RPGs were never all about just fighting or story alone, there must be a nice harmonisation of both in order to make a good RPG.

Screw lamers who play games just to know about plot, go grab a novel or watch an anime, that's what you want. If battling isn't something you want to enjoy, stay away from this genre.

Screw suckers who play JRPGs just for the gameplay, you're perfectly suited for FPS or fighting games. JRPGs are even much different to WRPGs due to deep story, characters background and sometimes even history of the game is very prominent.

If I had to give a score, Person 3 would get 8 or 9 out of ten for its story, pretty interesting that is.
    however, I'd give only 1-2 points for the battle system. Not hard but way tooo boriiinggggg, much worse than most jrpgs out there.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   4 years 3 weeks ago

he sucks? no you suck

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   4 years 4 weeks ago

Oh sorry not P3P FES... It's P3 FES... he he he...

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   4 years 4 weeks ago

this guy play P3P FES... Of cause got "Direct Command"...-_-'

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   4 years 5 weeks ago

It's definitely rubbish of a rpg.
    Might be leader in dating sim genre though.
    F*** you Atlus.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   4 years 5 weeks ago

Why do you have to have a walkthrough to play a game? If no one wrote a walkthrough for you, you wouldn't play the game?
    That's too much of BS for today. Goddamn lazy bums, no wonder kids like you prefer this piece of sh*t over games that require actual thinking.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   4 years 5 weeks ago

Lol what a stupid comparison, "Play games where the MC get the girl in the end". This sounds like FF10 would be about a boy and girl dating each other. If you had really played FF10 then you would know what the story is about and sorry to tell you son but NO at the end of FF10 the boy doesn't get the girl and they don't get to live happy together.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   4 years 5 weeks ago

"Direct Command" only exists on the PlayStationPortable version, fool. This guy was complaining about the PS2 version, which makes you rely on the crappy AI. Read the correct Walkthrough, moron!

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   4 years 5 weeks ago

1. Games should not relied on Walkthough to be played.
    2. You CANNOT change to Direct Command. That only works in the PSP version.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   4 years 5 weeks ago

Noob.....such a noob.....never heard of walkthroughs?
    It helps you out a whole lot although you need to study the walkthrough before hand.
    This game is meant to be difficult as you need time management skills, battle strategy skills, creative & critical thinking skills, etc all in one.
    I've played Persona 3 FES male version and now I'm playing Persona 3 Portable female version and the female version is freaking awesome although the male version is freaking awesome as well, but I'm a lady so I was really happy when I finally get to play the female version :3

Tartarus
    -The dungeon design doesn't really bother me, actually it's neat and simple. AND not every floors have the same design, every BLOCK has different design and different music theme.
    -You CAN control all the members! Go to 'Tactics' and pick 'Direct Command' and you can choose whether or not to control them since I only control them when fighting bosses in Tartarus and full moon bosses. If you don't have the command then sucks to be you *laughs* in Persona 3 Portable there is though.
    -You DON'T have to actually run around until you can hit the 'blob' (such a rude word to describe it) shadow. The point is to sneak up at its back and hit it. When I played the male version, I equip him with a bow so that I could hit the shadow from far, very convenient.
    -To kill bosses (both in tartarus & full moon) you NEED battle strategy, it is stated in walkthroughs

-Seriously......find a walkthrough if you wanna play this -_- I'm done typing

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   4 years 5 weeks ago

I so agree on you because as far as I know Persona 3 is the best game ever and I've played the Male version and now I'm playing the Female version which is awesome because I get to get a lover's route with the guys <3

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   4 years 6 weeks ago

Can you detect any argument in your message? At least the guys expressed his opinion with reasons, so we can start the debate base on them whether you agree or not and WHY?.
    But look, you're shouting like a spoiled kid right now. Plan to grow up anytime soon?

• Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny   4 years 6 weeks ago

Having the two characters in one body is a way for them to address complaints about the lack of gender diversity in the Harvest Moon games. As you play through the game, you're simultaneously strengthening the boy's relationships with the female love interests while the girl gets to know her potential male suitors.

All of the marriage stuff is a side plot, though, and doesn't have anything to do with the main story.

• Illusion of Gaia   4 years 6 weeks ago

SquareEnix, Square comes first in there new name, why? Because it's was a much better company.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   4 years 6 weeks ago

this dosen't suck
    you suck

• Mobile Minute: Temple Run 2, Subway Surfers, and Super Hexagon   4 years 6 weeks ago

Temple Run is the best one. Although I don't like Super Hexagon because it's quite difficult to play.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   4 years 7 weeks ago

Ditto. Couldn't put it better myself. Also... you missed a treat with Valkyrie Profile 2.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   4 years 8 weeks ago

The main focus of a Jrpgs is the importance of both Story/Characters and Gameplay/Battle system. I actually enjoy the plot here and some characters do grow on me. But look at the gameplay. Just gotta say, it disgusts me.

Almost no customization for the battles, lame-ass and only one dungeon available for the whole game, strategy is pretty irrelevant due to shitty AIs and fixed skill sets for other characters...the game easily becomes repetitive.

What does it try to do? It implements the fuking VISUAL NOVEL+DATING SIM style into a BATTLE game series, totally ruined my expectation of the series after the wonderful experience I had with Persona2. If I really wanted a sim game, I would buy one, but now, just wonder why the hell do I have to play a sim game that disguises as a rpg.

Make a survey and you'll see, the rage is mostly from those who've been long time rpg fan while I must admit for people who aren't familiar with rpgs in general and also for young males+female community, this game might be player friendly for them. But Lord, please save the old rpg fandom from this trashy gaming trend.