• Rage [Video]   4 years 2 weeks ago

while made by Raven software it was over seen by Id games. it seems id,activision , and raven studios share staff. so in a way it was made by id or at least someone in the family. (art directer for id games Quake to also worked on halo 4 (((Kenneth Scott))) http://www.giantbomb.com/kenneth-scott/3040-14692/

as far as Rage goes I liked it but there were problems with it. I am used to real times lights and physics from doom 3/quake 4. there was nothing like that in rage but since it was all one map it would have taken a very powerful gaming rig to play it. still i enjoy id games from a tech stand point as a coder and game developer.

• GoldenEye 007   4 years 2 weeks ago

When i played it with the gun attatchments (bought separatly) as well as with the nunchuk i find it hard to aim because the camera view moves side to side and swivels as i aim. Am i the only one? i think it would have been easier to control the movements all with the nunchuk and not have the character turn around when aiming.

• Batman: Arkham Asylum   4 years 2 weeks ago

Batman: Arkham Asylum black mask

• Divekick   4 years 2 weeks ago
    Hi

Not sure it kicks street fighters arse but it looks fun enough. Cheers for the post

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   4 years 6 weeks ago

This was one of my personal favorites.
    I can totally see your point and you did make some valid points. Tartarus is fairly annoying and at times boring. I enjoy it though because after my fourth time, yes four times this is the only game that I have ever replayed more than once, it is simple. This game also keeps me coming back for more because I love the storyline to pieces.
    And I didn't think the voice acting was that bad. Not as bad as other games I've saw like the English dub of .hack. Seriously, it's terrible. I had to switch the dialogue to Japanese (thank the lord for the option). The music though is terrible for most Persona games. The only decent track is "Heartful Cry" and that's only in the Answer. It gives me a good laugh though and personally, I don't care too much. If it's such a big deal there IS a volume control button on your TV. WOWZER. Really, if you are going to complain about it, you can always listen to other music while you play. That's what I typically do during long training sessions at Tartarus.
    I thought the whole point of an RPG (aka A ROLE PLAYING GAME) way to be able to make your own decisions? Isn't that what ROLE PLAYING is? Maybe this is in a broad sense, but the game does allow you to make almost all decisions by yourself. And, while the battle style can also be annoying, isn't it more realistic? In real life you can't control the people around you. It gives the game a sense of realism in it. I was kind of bored the first couple months of my first play-through but, now I really love it. I spent 130 hours on it total, and it doesn't seem like you even made it past the first few months of the game unless you speed through it without paying attention to the plot. I love longer games because spending 30 bucks on a game you beat in 50 hours is kind bland. Plus the fact that this is such a big game, there's always something more to do.
    This is all my personal opinion and I can totally see why you may dislike it though. It's kind of a boring game to some and most people like Persona 4 better. Personally, this is my favorite in the series because of the darker undertones. This one was like "DEATH, DEATH, DEATH, GOTTA DO MY SOCIAL LINKS" while Persona 4 was like, "YAY FRIENDSHIP FRIENDSHIP LET'S BE FRIENDS" I love that game too, but it's so freaking happy. I still really like Persona 4 though because it is a whole different spin to the Persona series though, it's just not my favorite.

(Might get some hate for this, but personally I hated FFX and it is my least favorite in the Final Fantasy series. To me, Tidus was so annoying and the characters, other than Yuna, did not really develop. The plot twists were so easily guessed and c'mon really? The ending? It was frustrating and really not much fun. The battle style was good like all Final Fantasy games but IX was so much better plot-wise. Also, I have only played Suikoden IV for a short time at a friends house and I liked it though, so I may pick up the others if they are similar to it.)

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   4 years 8 weeks ago

Because we aren't discussing of it as a game of general mean, we're specifically talking about Jrpg here. Try to compare this game's battle system with any other Rpg will make it look really bad. You like garbage, it's your choice, but saying rubbish is great just makes no sense.

From the view of a long time rpg player, I'd say this game failed in rpg genre, but definitely succeeded in visual novel and dating sim category. You like the latter genres then of course this game suits you well, but don't , just please don't praise it as a good rpg.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   4 years 8 weeks ago

OK, why the hell is everyone shouting about this? Persona is the best game ever. The battle system is awesome and the bosses are great. Nobody should ever hate this game. I know I won't. I will love it as my fav game forever. I worship nyx and i have changed my name to Mistoki Nagasai as that's what I called my character in P3P. There!!!

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   4 years 8 weeks ago

NO! FES has no DIRECT COMMAND! Look it up or play it Moron!

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   4 years 8 weeks ago

The games 2 easy 4 me, I need 2 play a game like Final Fantasy! BECUZ THAT'S THE ONLY RPG THAT SHOULD EVER BE COMPARED TO OTHERS. No. It's not. Not all games are the same, if they were,it'd be terrible. P3 adds a very distinct category in RPGs. Which is good. A game with story 100 hours long and an ending that makes you sob is quite frankly a very well written story. I would suggest to people who hate P3 to play more Final Fantasy and never stray out to find a diamond in the rough like p3 was.

• Mass Effect: An Audio-Visual Experience   4 years 9 weeks ago

Brings back fresh memories (just finsihed the game a few days ago)... I'd just wish you had turned that film grain off. Otherwise, great work ! Let's do the same for Me2 and Me3 ! :))

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   4 years 9 weeks ago

You didn't play x-2 did you? Cause he gets revived and they love happily ever after.

• Mobile Minute: Pudding Monsters, TNNS, Extreme Road Trip 2   4 years 10 weeks ago

YES. Pudding monsters was a flat, by-the-numbers puzzle game. There were some cute moments when the monsters looked at you, or winced when you screwed up, but you're right that it's just dull.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   4 years 11 weeks ago

I wonder how many RPGs have you guys played to draw that conclusion. I've been playing JRPGs from SNES era until now, and among all these games this one could only find a place in mid-tier at best.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   4 years 11 weeks ago

Agree, RPGs were never all about just fighting or story alone, there must be a nice harmonisation of both in order to make a good RPG.

Screw lamers who play games just to know about plot, go grab a novel or watch an anime, that's what you want. If battling isn't something you want to enjoy, stay away from this genre.

Screw suckers who play JRPGs just for the gameplay, you're perfectly suited for FPS or fighting games. JRPGs are even much different to WRPGs due to deep story, characters background and sometimes even history of the game is very prominent.

If I had to give a score, Person 3 would get 8 or 9 out of ten for its story, pretty interesting that is.
    however, I'd give only 1-2 points for the battle system. Not hard but way tooo boriiinggggg, much worse than most jrpgs out there.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   4 years 11 weeks ago

he sucks? no you suck

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   4 years 13 weeks ago

Oh sorry not P3P FES... It's P3 FES... he he he...

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   4 years 13 weeks ago

this guy play P3P FES... Of cause got "Direct Command"...-_-'

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   4 years 13 weeks ago

It's definitely rubbish of a rpg.
    Might be leader in dating sim genre though.
    F*** you Atlus.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   4 years 13 weeks ago

Why do you have to have a walkthrough to play a game? If no one wrote a walkthrough for you, you wouldn't play the game?
    That's too much of BS for today. Goddamn lazy bums, no wonder kids like you prefer this piece of sh*t over games that require actual thinking.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   4 years 13 weeks ago

Lol what a stupid comparison, "Play games where the MC get the girl in the end". This sounds like FF10 would be about a boy and girl dating each other. If you had really played FF10 then you would know what the story is about and sorry to tell you son but NO at the end of FF10 the boy doesn't get the girl and they don't get to live happy together.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   4 years 14 weeks ago

"Direct Command" only exists on the PlayStationPortable version, fool. This guy was complaining about the PS2 version, which makes you rely on the crappy AI. Read the correct Walkthrough, moron!

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   4 years 14 weeks ago

1. Games should not relied on Walkthough to be played.
    2. You CANNOT change to Direct Command. That only works in the PSP version.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   4 years 14 weeks ago

Noob.....such a noob.....never heard of walkthroughs?
    It helps you out a whole lot although you need to study the walkthrough before hand.
    This game is meant to be difficult as you need time management skills, battle strategy skills, creative & critical thinking skills, etc all in one.
    I've played Persona 3 FES male version and now I'm playing Persona 3 Portable female version and the female version is freaking awesome although the male version is freaking awesome as well, but I'm a lady so I was really happy when I finally get to play the female version :3

Tartarus
    -The dungeon design doesn't really bother me, actually it's neat and simple. AND not every floors have the same design, every BLOCK has different design and different music theme.
    -You CAN control all the members! Go to 'Tactics' and pick 'Direct Command' and you can choose whether or not to control them since I only control them when fighting bosses in Tartarus and full moon bosses. If you don't have the command then sucks to be you *laughs* in Persona 3 Portable there is though.
    -You DON'T have to actually run around until you can hit the 'blob' (such a rude word to describe it) shadow. The point is to sneak up at its back and hit it. When I played the male version, I equip him with a bow so that I could hit the shadow from far, very convenient.
    -To kill bosses (both in tartarus & full moon) you NEED battle strategy, it is stated in walkthroughs

-Seriously......find a walkthrough if you wanna play this -_- I'm done typing

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   4 years 14 weeks ago

I so agree on you because as far as I know Persona 3 is the best game ever and I've played the Male version and now I'm playing the Female version which is awesome because I get to get a lover's route with the guys <3

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   4 years 14 weeks ago

Can you detect any argument in your message? At least the guys expressed his opinion with reasons, so we can start the debate base on them whether you agree or not and WHY?.
    But look, you're shouting like a spoiled kid right now. Plan to grow up anytime soon?