• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   1 year 18 weeks ago
    Ha.

If they're autistic, then what does that make people like you who use beneficial and good things as insults?
    Intelligence isn't based on age, and even though you're critiquing someone's writing, you lack the decency to begin your sentences with capital letters and end statements in periods. Kill yourself, hypocrite.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   1 year 20 weeks ago

Can't tell if it is sarcasm but in the game if you reach lvl 99 your stats boost like that... 999 HP and 999 MP

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   1 year 20 weeks ago

The whole line of attacks against OP on here is disgusting. I get that some of you really love Persona... but Christ, telling someone to go kill themselves just because they disagree with you is just downright awful. The lot of you hurling insults and suicide wishes at OP: please grow the fuck up. Or at least I hope the issue is a lack of maturity (the grammar indicates many of you turds are teens or pre-teens), because otherwise you're all just despicable twats who deserve a healthy dose of reality. It's video games you're defending here you fucking idiots, not the rights of nation-states or the freedom to practice your religion -- you look ignorant when you fly off the handle just because someone states an opinion that conflicts with your own. Now go back to your pathetic fanboy cults and feel ashamed of yourselves, because any sensible folk reading this page certainly feel a healthy dose of shame for your sorry asses.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   1 year 20 weeks ago

*sigh*... People these days... if a game isn't baby sitting you throughout the whole game it immediately sucks :3...

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   1 year 20 weeks ago

Nice review on the game. I haven't actually played P3, but I am going through P4 for the first time and I was googling to see if I'm the only person who hates the dungeons in the game, and I ended up here. I agree with everything you said though, it can all be applied to P4 as well. I like the game but I hate the battle system and RPG aspects of it. I think it would be better if it was just a dating sim/full-on visual novel without battles, but looking at all these negative comments, not a lot of people would agree. I've kind of gotten fed up with P4 recently and cheated in it, so now my characters are way overleveled... I just want to hurry up and beat the game and not worry too much about grinding and levels and all that garbage. The battle system is really bad to me, it's just so slow and repetitive and the last 3 times I played it, I started feeling sleepy as soon as I turned the game on lol. And I ended up falling asleep during one of the cutscenes lol 3 times... I was slightly looking forward to P5 because I hear a lot of talk about it, but now that I've gotten a taste of Persona through P4, I don't think the Persona series is for me. I do like the writing in the game though, so I will check out some Let's Plays on youtube once P5 hits, but I don't think I'll be playing it myself. I just gave the game a chance because I have Gamefly, because Persona is my best friend's favorite game series, and because I heard a lot of reviews. Well, it's good that a lot of people like the game as it is, I just think it would be infinitely better if they revamped the battle system. It's just so slow compared to any of the FF games. And the difficulty was off putting as well, even though I was Beginner, but I was still having loads of trouble with battles. >.< I guess I just really suck. Anyway, I've babbled on for long enough. Thanks for reading if you did.

• The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword [Video]   1 year 24 weeks ago

When I play it, I don't even see the threats anywhere in the screen. Is that actually a screenshot from the actual game? The game never showed it in my screen at all. I'm not kidding.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   1 year 24 weeks ago

WTF? Did you say PS3 sucks? Well, you must suck because you dont have a taste for games.
    Comment on: F.E.S= FRAKKING ENDLESS STORY?
    I read that part and you said, why do you have to maintain friendships in
    the game? Well, here's why. All the S.L (Social Link) need to be maxed in order to create the ultimate persona.

Comment on: Tartarus Sucks
    I read this part as well. What is the purple blob? You idiot. Those "purple blobs" are strong enemies. They also give a lot of experience to you know? Fuck it! Your an stupid video game geek who knows nothing about games.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   1 year 24 weeks ago

Well, that scalated quickly.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   1 year 25 weeks ago

Go get cancer and die a slow, painful death and experience true agony you whiny, worthless piece of shit. The JRPG genre wasn't made for you and your goldfish level attention span and inability to appreciate video games that try something different.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   1 year 30 weeks ago

999/999 HP/MP lols, you must suck at video games in general.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   1 year 30 weeks ago

999/999 HP/MP == you suckdd.

• Illusion of Gaia   1 year 33 weeks ago

...I find myself getting more and more angry at how plain awful this game is. Random trips to random places, to get random items, which most of the time are left with no explanation as to what their purpose, and that need to be used in some way, or in some place, and no clue as to how to figure it out. It's a good thing there are FAQs out there for this terrible game, otherwise I wouldn't be finishing it. As it is, I don't like to start playing a game and not finish it, so I'm muscling through this game, a little bit at a time. Ugh.

3/10 for me, and I feel like that's generous.

• My Favorite Games of 2015   1 year 34 weeks ago

Just to see if MAYBE something popped up. And YAY! Great to see an article and a great one, too!
    I haven't played enough games to make a Best Of list in the last year. The 4th child has pretty much devastated my gaming hobby. Most times I try to play my own games its 11PM or later and I end up nodding off 10 minutes after I boot the console.

The few minutes I got to play Shovel Knight, I really did enjoy it.

I'll make a "most played games of 2015 list". Note: Games were not RELEASED in 2015

1. Just Dance Disney (my two daughters beg me to play this, how can I refuse!?)
    2. Duck Tales Remastered (actually quite fun, all the kids love it, also they love the cartoon, so it's an easy sell)
    3. Epic Mickey (more fun than I expected)
    4. Excite Truck/ExciteBots (my 4YO boy loves watching me play these and I love them so I oblige)
    5. Sega Rally Revo (Same boy likes the mud trails in this one) On a side note, this game is BRUTALLY difficult to advance the main campaign

• My Favorite Games of 2015   1 year 36 weeks ago

Metal Gear Solid V didn't make the list? I haven't played a new game in quite some time, but MGSV has been very tempting.

P.S. I thought you were dead or something. And I can't remember my login...

• My Favorite Games of 2015   1 year 39 weeks ago

Don't call it a comeback. :)

• My Favorite Games of 2015   1 year 39 weeks ago

I'll have to keep an eye out for it, will probably pop up in an indie bundle sooner or later.

So, is this the stealthy rebirth of TFH?

• My Favorite Games of 2015   1 year 39 weeks ago

Her Story is kind of a one-time experience. The way you move through the game relies on a certain mechanic that would be hard to repeat. I might give it another try soon though since it's been a while, but I kinda treasure that original experience I had with the game. I installed it, played it, (felt like I) finished it, and then turned it off, never turning it on again IIRC. Though I thought about it a lot.

I did read a lot of forum posts on the central mystery and reading that so many people were torn about it strengthened my emotions towards it.

• My Favorite Games of 2015   1 year 39 weeks ago

Ha, most of these titles, not counting Grand Theft Auto V, made my annual Games I Didn't Get to Play list for 2015. I do have a copy of Life is Strange installed on Steam, ready to go, but the others will have to wait.

Her Story sounds absolutely fascinating. Can you replay the game with the knowledge you have after your first run or is this a one-time experience? Did you end up solving the mystery differently than other people? I think I'd like playing detective. Professor Layton taught me everything I need to know.

• Professor Layton and the Unwound Future   1 year 44 weeks ago

Totally agree. He's stupid!

• Professor Layton and the Unwound Future   1 year 44 weeks ago

You liar! Professor Layton and the unwound future is epic!

• Professor Layton and the Unwound Future   1 year 44 weeks ago

You liar! Professor Layton and the unwound future is epic!

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   1 year 44 weeks ago

Just gonna assume you got to the first boss, was under leveled died and wrote this trash

I mean it's your opinion but its wrong and shit

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   1 year 44 weeks ago

insult.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   1 year 47 weeks ago

When you wrote this cute little guide of yours did you actually bother reading what the author wrote in the article? The gameplay is both easy and bland. That's the issue with this game. Not its supposed difficulty or whatever. The "gameplay" (such as it is) boils down to hitting enemies for their weakness and then killing them off while they are down. I'm sorry but its not rocket science. The bosses are not particularly exciting compared to some of the games I played. Just as the author wrote - they are either really piss easy or a match of attrition. And I totally agree with the author that both of those options are boring.

It doesn't actually HAVE a learning curve unlike what little self praising pricks like to believe (Praising yourself for being a "hard" game isn't a good idea really). You just half read half skip the boring dialogues (because teenage angsty drama is for angsty teenagers) and just grind the identical tartarus dungeon again and again. For literal hundreds of hours. Its not hard. Its kinda really simple in fact.

Oh and the music is awful.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   1 year 47 weeks ago

Possibly two years late here but honestly? Its a game that makes me skip through terrible dialogue options with shit characters (which is a chore and nothing else) while I grind identical mobs on identical levels of identical dungeon for 300 hours. The plot is... the same old plot i've seen about 300 times in various animes and mangas over the decades. Emo teenagers saving the world because of reasons. I'm also very sorry if you feel that choosing one of 3 identical clubs which give you same interactions with two identical people is a choice because that's pretty much the extent of your choices in this game.

Combat is literally the most mindless of all the jrpgs i played. Exploit weakness, kill enemy. Repeat x times. The work you mentioned must be the effort required to stay awake doing it.