• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   1 year 15 weeks ago

WTF? Did you say PS3 sucks? Well, you must suck because you dont have a taste for games.
    Comment on: F.E.S= FRAKKING ENDLESS STORY?
    I read that part and you said, why do you have to maintain friendships in
    the game? Well, here's why. All the S.L (Social Link) need to be maxed in order to create the ultimate persona.

Comment on: Tartarus Sucks
    I read this part as well. What is the purple blob? You idiot. Those "purple blobs" are strong enemies. They also give a lot of experience to you know? Fuck it! Your an stupid video game geek who knows nothing about games.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   1 year 16 weeks ago

Well, that scalated quickly.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   1 year 16 weeks ago

Go get cancer and die a slow, painful death and experience true agony you whiny, worthless piece of shit. The JRPG genre wasn't made for you and your goldfish level attention span and inability to appreciate video games that try something different.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   1 year 21 weeks ago

999/999 HP/MP lols, you must suck at video games in general.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   1 year 21 weeks ago

999/999 HP/MP == you suckdd.

• Illusion of Gaia   1 year 24 weeks ago

...I find myself getting more and more angry at how plain awful this game is. Random trips to random places, to get random items, which most of the time are left with no explanation as to what their purpose, and that need to be used in some way, or in some place, and no clue as to how to figure it out. It's a good thing there are FAQs out there for this terrible game, otherwise I wouldn't be finishing it. As it is, I don't like to start playing a game and not finish it, so I'm muscling through this game, a little bit at a time. Ugh.

3/10 for me, and I feel like that's generous.

• My Favorite Games of 2015   1 year 25 weeks ago

Just to see if MAYBE something popped up. And YAY! Great to see an article and a great one, too!
    I haven't played enough games to make a Best Of list in the last year. The 4th child has pretty much devastated my gaming hobby. Most times I try to play my own games its 11PM or later and I end up nodding off 10 minutes after I boot the console.

The few minutes I got to play Shovel Knight, I really did enjoy it.

I'll make a "most played games of 2015 list". Note: Games were not RELEASED in 2015

1. Just Dance Disney (my two daughters beg me to play this, how can I refuse!?)
    2. Duck Tales Remastered (actually quite fun, all the kids love it, also they love the cartoon, so it's an easy sell)
    3. Epic Mickey (more fun than I expected)
    4. Excite Truck/ExciteBots (my 4YO boy loves watching me play these and I love them so I oblige)
    5. Sega Rally Revo (Same boy likes the mud trails in this one) On a side note, this game is BRUTALLY difficult to advance the main campaign

• My Favorite Games of 2015   1 year 28 weeks ago

Metal Gear Solid V didn't make the list? I haven't played a new game in quite some time, but MGSV has been very tempting.

P.S. I thought you were dead or something. And I can't remember my login...

• My Favorite Games of 2015   1 year 30 weeks ago

Don't call it a comeback. :)

• My Favorite Games of 2015   1 year 30 weeks ago

I'll have to keep an eye out for it, will probably pop up in an indie bundle sooner or later.

So, is this the stealthy rebirth of TFH?

• My Favorite Games of 2015   1 year 30 weeks ago

Her Story is kind of a one-time experience. The way you move through the game relies on a certain mechanic that would be hard to repeat. I might give it another try soon though since it's been a while, but I kinda treasure that original experience I had with the game. I installed it, played it, (felt like I) finished it, and then turned it off, never turning it on again IIRC. Though I thought about it a lot.

I did read a lot of forum posts on the central mystery and reading that so many people were torn about it strengthened my emotions towards it.

• My Favorite Games of 2015   1 year 31 weeks ago

Ha, most of these titles, not counting Grand Theft Auto V, made my annual Games I Didn't Get to Play list for 2015. I do have a copy of Life is Strange installed on Steam, ready to go, but the others will have to wait.

Her Story sounds absolutely fascinating. Can you replay the game with the knowledge you have after your first run or is this a one-time experience? Did you end up solving the mystery differently than other people? I think I'd like playing detective. Professor Layton taught me everything I need to know.

• Professor Layton and the Unwound Future   1 year 35 weeks ago

Totally agree. He's stupid!

• Professor Layton and the Unwound Future   1 year 35 weeks ago

You liar! Professor Layton and the unwound future is epic!

• Professor Layton and the Unwound Future   1 year 35 weeks ago

You liar! Professor Layton and the unwound future is epic!

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   1 year 35 weeks ago

Just gonna assume you got to the first boss, was under leveled died and wrote this trash

I mean it's your opinion but its wrong and shit

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   1 year 35 weeks ago

insult.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   1 year 38 weeks ago

When you wrote this cute little guide of yours did you actually bother reading what the author wrote in the article? The gameplay is both easy and bland. That's the issue with this game. Not its supposed difficulty or whatever. The "gameplay" (such as it is) boils down to hitting enemies for their weakness and then killing them off while they are down. I'm sorry but its not rocket science. The bosses are not particularly exciting compared to some of the games I played. Just as the author wrote - they are either really piss easy or a match of attrition. And I totally agree with the author that both of those options are boring.

It doesn't actually HAVE a learning curve unlike what little self praising pricks like to believe (Praising yourself for being a "hard" game isn't a good idea really). You just half read half skip the boring dialogues (because teenage angsty drama is for angsty teenagers) and just grind the identical tartarus dungeon again and again. For literal hundreds of hours. Its not hard. Its kinda really simple in fact.

Oh and the music is awful.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   1 year 38 weeks ago

Possibly two years late here but honestly? Its a game that makes me skip through terrible dialogue options with shit characters (which is a chore and nothing else) while I grind identical mobs on identical levels of identical dungeon for 300 hours. The plot is... the same old plot i've seen about 300 times in various animes and mangas over the decades. Emo teenagers saving the world because of reasons. I'm also very sorry if you feel that choosing one of 3 identical clubs which give you same interactions with two identical people is a choice because that's pretty much the extent of your choices in this game.

Combat is literally the most mindless of all the jrpgs i played. Exploit weakness, kill enemy. Repeat x times. The work you mentioned must be the effort required to stay awake doing it.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   1 year 38 weeks ago

Really? your grammar clearly shows you are 2 years old

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   1 year 41 weeks ago

Well, I'm a bit late to the party, but personally I love Persona 3. It's a different type of RPG--really, it's an RPG mixed with a simulation. Which, honestly, is why I love it. The plot is good and I love interacting with the characters. I'm not a huge fan of the way Tartarus is designed--it's too big. I personally am more interested in the story than running around a dungeon for hours on end.

I actually played Persona 4 first. I played it on my ex's PS Vita, and loved it so much I bought not only the game, but my own Vita. I think P4 is better--it's multiple dungeons instead of one giant one, and you can build relationships with more characters. It's a bit heavier on the simulation than P3, though. It also has multiple endings--none of which involve the effective death of the main character, thank you very much.

I tried Persona 2, which doesn't have the social links, and the gameplay is different. I didn't like it at all. It was like an entirely different game.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   1 year 42 weeks ago

I agree, Tartarus was such a turn off. I was so disappointed when I open Persona 3 Director Edition that I got as a gift and first, saw that the characters now were teenagers and looked like generic anime teens. The story was transposed to some teenager drama with dating. The battle system suffered and became easier and more boring, with many of the nice innovative things from Persona 1 and 2 taken away :( Where is monster bargaining? No Tarot cards obtained trough this to create the personas? And you only control your own character and can't work as a team to fight the battles? -.- Even though is turn based? I would understand if like Star Ocean you have real time battles moving around the field etc, you can't really control all characters simultaneously, but on a turn based RPG with slow developing battles?!

The most disappointing and half assed thing was the dungeon. Seriously? Same dungeon with same looks for the whole game with randomized crap levels? It screams half-assing and uninspired dungeon design to me.

I simply couldn't take it and gave up on the game. Shallow story and shallow badly developed dungeon with a slow paced battle system with not much complexity that gets boring and extremely repetitive in a bad way (there is just so much you can see of the Tartarus after sometime)... couldn't finish this game.

• Memorable Ideas from Forgettable Games: Load Screen Time Wasters   1 year 42 weeks ago

Good thing Bionic Commando has those enjoyable, interactive loading screens... Because you sure are going to see them A LOT due to how easy it is to die in this game !

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   1 year 48 weeks ago

"If I were to make an exhaustive list of my all-time favorite games"
    Chrono Trigger
    Suikoden II
    Final Fantasy VI
    Final Fantasy X
    If there's something I hate about video games, it's repetition, and Odin Sphere has it in spades.
    I can take it that you hate P3, the points you raised are valid, except maybe for boss battles, but the Odin Sphere hate isn't even nit-picking, it's just plain hipocrisy. All of your favorite games up there have waaaay more repetition than OS, in every minor and maor arcana instead of just spades. The item management and exp vs alchemy part of the game is an added challenge, you're supposed to make these choices instead of say, having 99 of every item like in say, any of your favorite games. And boss battles made you kite for 10 minutes? You just plain suck! I' not even good at it and didn't find that an issue. Finally, it's you that don't have the attention span to care for the characters or plot, it isn't the game's fault.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   1 year 50 weeks ago

If you think P3 & OS suck, well, you simply dont understand nothing of JRPG.
    I suggest you to play some cod, ac or, maybe the best idea, just kill yourself.