• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   3 years 21 weeks ago

Ok.. i'm not stuck anymore.. what happens is after killing the boss and ending up in the classroom in another year, the game ends two days later.. lol. i was so stressed not getting my save file, i kept reloading and choose differents paths and killing the boss again. So you get two extra days for picking up your cards at the shrine and any weapons you made, and it ends on graduation day. Well not really.. i want more orbs before going harder lol

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   3 years 22 weeks ago

I have to say, some things in p3p really do suck.. I started a New Game Plus or whatever it's called in my second playthrough. Raised the compendium to 100% and got my first orb. For the second playthrough i've chosen beginner mode, so i would get plumes of dusk. Cool story, but then what happens.. At the end of the second playthrough the game changed the difficulty to normal by itself!!! Nothing to worry about at first, because i still had those plumes of dusk. But even if that was taken i wouldn't cry about it, i don't really need those badly. So.. i finish the second playthrough in normal mode and wanted to go a bit harder, like hard or maniac mode.. but there's no more option to create a new save file and with that change difficulty.. So now i'm stuck on normal mode wich is way too easy now.

• Homeworld   3 years 22 weeks ago

For too more history... read the manual!

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   3 years 28 weeks ago

Hook, line and sinker. This page probably has the most comments here, congrats.

I'll just say that I disagree with you on many points.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   3 years 29 weeks ago

You suck Persona 3 is fantastic

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   3 years 31 weeks ago

Allow me to shorten your review:
    "It is not a classic RPG... it is something different and unique to the persona series and I do not like it"

There, the game sucks? no, it is not for you, for one this is a Dating Sim/RPG thing.
    The idea is, IF YOU ENJOY BOTH OF THOSE GENRES, to have strategy, both on rpg battle and on mundane tasks such as knowing people.

Also, just one boss battle has the "kill both or they revive".
    Also, you really complained that every enemy and boss had different weaknesses? guess you are used to FFVII where summoning kills everything (unlike other better, well balanced FF games).

Bottom line, you said, "I was expecting traditional rpg, and also something mediocre where I dont have to use my brain and can just use the same ONE skill a million times to win"

For the first part I respect it, it was not for you, im sorry for that
    For the second part, suicide, please c:

• Turok: Dinosaur Hunter   3 years 31 weeks ago

Fuck your review. I am Turok!

• Illusion of Gaia   3 years 32 weeks ago

I've just completed Soul Blazer and Illusion of Gaia back to back, and just started a file on Terranigma for the first time.

It's easy to see the evolution in game mechanics as this series progressed (even only being 30 minutes into Terra). Soul Blazer was simple enough, with next to nothing to do besides freeing souls to open doors or unlock a villager that will give you some deus ex machina item/effect/etc. Then we get to Illusion of Gaia, a game that seems much more ambitious at first, but ends up being even more linear in the end. But hey, the dungeons were incredibly fun atleast. Terranigma actually feels like a complex game thus far, with an actual over world map with exploration, a real item and equipment menu, and the best artistic design the series had seen to date, it's a damn shame the series didn't have much of a future (Granstream Saga is a spiritual sequel to the series, but it ended there).

But back to Illusion of Gaia. The game suffered from two things mainly: The goddamn awful translation (which was made even more awful by forced censoring at the last minute) that made the plot completely incomprehensible, and the game was too damned linear. The graphical design was above average Enix fare for the time (early Enix produced games seemed to always look bad for some reason), and the gameplay was pretty top notch. As far as the actual story goes, I'm sure that a translation with some effort put forth could yield a pretty deep plot, but there are still alot of questions to be asked (such as, why the hell did the Jackal get mentioned barely at all into the game, but only brought back during the last 30 minutes, only to be immediately killed? Or how about telling us a bit about the King who wanted some sort of power that was never explained to us). It wasn't a good plot, despite the perception of depth that themes of life, evolution, humanitarian progress, etc., making people think different.

Just my two cents, though I know no one will ever read this, and I may never again either!

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   3 years 35 weeks ago

If you want a game that is more adult oriented I suggest looking at the series the Persona franchise spun off. Shin Megumi Tensei still has the demon negotiating gameplay as of IV, and no social links as far as I can see.

• Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare   3 years 36 weeks ago

pfft. the fact that this got a good score means I shouldn't consider any of your reviews.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   3 years 37 weeks ago

umad bro? Lol secretly you love skyrim, you know you do.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   3 years 37 weeks ago

I too have little love for this game and thought Eternal Punishment was a vastly superior game. Gone is a lot of the whiny teen drama--I played this game during my high school years and I didn't relate to any of these characters because they're all exaggerated putzes who, if I met them in reality, would likely recommend they work on their issues and potentially get help. Seriously I've known a lot of people in high school and not one of them were nearly as big of a loser as any of these characters who we're supposed to 'relate to' in Persona 3.

Wish Atlus would drop this whole school dating sim + weak story teen drama bit and just go back to the adult-oriented Persona 2 type of story. And drop the social link crap. I'd much rather have demon negotiation back, especially since with modern tech they could actually program more believable personalities into the demons when you converse with them. But chances are Atlus will never go back because I guess the average Persona fan loves the high school dating sim uguu kawaii desu sugoi crap.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   3 years 37 weeks ago

What This guy said.

"With Persona 3, the downfall of the Persona series began.
    This great and epic series turned into a simplified and pussified dating sim with plastic pop music.
    Persona 1 and 2 were better as they:
    - were darker and more mature games
    - had better music (I like Meguro's work on Shin Megami Tensei, but plastic pop doesn't suit the real Persona)
    - were portraying a consistent world with Philemon, Nyarlathotep and Satomi Tadashi which were dropped in later games
    - allowed you to choose your companion's Personas
    - had demon negotiation
    - unlocked new personas with tarot cards. Jack Frost inheriting fire spells via demon fusion is not really plausible
    - had more unique demons instead of lazily reusing the Shin Megami Tensei monsters"

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   3 years 37 weeks ago

Fuck this review fuck people like you go masturbate to skyrim or something i hate reading posters like you every fucking time burn in hell, you don't know shit about games.

• Video Game High School   3 years 38 weeks ago

I love games. The Familiar characters of Warcraft's past versions, such as Grom Hellscream, Ner'zhul and Blackhand, will also appear here.

• Nintendo Power #37 - My First Video Game Magazine   3 years 38 weeks ago

I had gotten Metroid II for my birthday that year and really appreciated this issue showing me where everything was (I got to the Queen without the Varia, and after going back for it I discovered that I hadn't found enough missiles to actually kill her)! This is actually my favourite Nintendo Power, but that is because it is far more enjoyable if one is a fantasy gamer such as myself.

Dragon Strike is excellent if you've enough enthusiasm for dragon-fighting to pursue it. As shown in the Wikipedia article to which you linked, the original was a combat flight simulator that played quite differently from the NES top-down shooter version, but the NES version actually tried to reproduce several of the PC version's missions in 2D form. The stage maps were tiny, but the original dragon artwork was quite cool!

Aaron's comment about Arcana is spot on. I enjoyed it a lot, but as with so many of this issue's screenshot you really have to peer/squint very closely to see how cool it is...lol

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   3 years 44 weeks ago

With Persona 3, the downfall of the Persona series began.
    Persona 1 and 2 were better as they:
    - were darker and more mature games
    - allowed you to choose your companion's Personas
    - had demon negotiation

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   3 years 46 weeks ago

Omg... I just have to say that the soundtrack in every SMT game is awesome, including P3... The soundtrack IS the game as much as the combat system, the demon fusion, the dialogue. It just makes the identity of the game.

• The Hobbit   3 years 46 weeks ago

That's a lie. You know nothing of good gaming. That game is excellent as everything related to Tolkien. Once, I ate an ice-cream that promoted Jackson's The Two Towers, and I tell you: It was the most delicious ice-cream ever!

• Chrono Trigger   3 years 47 weeks ago

I'll admit the fact that this game was a fantastic one ever. . I found it a bit inconsistent between how he spoke as a human being, then how he spoke as a frog. Still i enjoy playing this game. This can be categorized best game now and ever.! Thanks for remembering me the amazing game through your post.

• Okami   4 years 2 weeks ago

It is surely a good game but to much dialogue for me. Yeah I need a tutorial, yes I need interaction with the people but then release me from my chains! That didn't happend in Okami. Zelda has the right balance. Skyrim is almost to much freedom but in Okami I never fellt "free"...stopped after the fight against some sort ninja boss fight or something like that.

• Bioshock   4 years 4 weeks ago
    D:

Dude, Calm Down, We All Have Opinions. :l

• Link's Crossbow Training   4 years 4 weeks ago

Links Crossbow Training... 100/10

• Borderlands 2   4 years 6 weeks ago

Question, does the other 3 vault hunters come back somehow?

• Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life   4 years 7 weeks ago

Its not a great white shark, looks like a tiger shark but not a tiger shark either, they just use a generic shark shape!