• Indigo Prophecy   7 years 25 weeks ago

I love Fahrenheit, god news on shenmue 3, the planing is ready.
    Yu Suzuki still wait that sega ask him to do it.

• E3 2010 Predictions Results   7 years 25 weeks ago

Wow, good games coming aroud, thanks for the Infos and also the pictures.

• Why I still don't own any current gen consoles   7 years 25 weeks ago

I just love the next gen consoles.

• Nintendo 3DS: One month later   7 years 25 weeks ago

Favorite is probably Pilotwings, which doesn't really "show off" the 3D effect but benefits the most from it. Hard to explain, I guess what I'm saying is the effect isn't as pronounced as it is in other games, but you actually come to depend on it to gauge distances in the game.

• Illusion of Gaia   7 years 25 weeks ago

should have been the title. Probably would have sold a lot more copies.

• Nintendo 3DS: One month later   7 years 25 weeks ago

This was truly informative, the one time I played the 3DS it almost immediately gave me motion sickness, so knowing you experienced similar side effects and are now used to the 3D is great to hear. What's been your favorite 3DS game so far? Best game that shows off the 3D?

• Roxio Game Capture   7 years 26 weeks ago

You can play with the RGB, Contrast, Brightness, and Saturation during or after capture, but there are no options for pure capture quality that I am aware of. I've been playing around with the saturation and colors to find a less washed-out look, wish I had more experience with this sort of thing.

• Rayman 3D   7 years 26 weeks ago

Given that Rayman 2 was already a launch game for the DS back in 2004, it seems redundant to have it again on a system that's backwards compatible. On the other hand, the DS version was a travesty, with all kinds of bugs and framerate issues. It's kind of sad that they weren't able to fix all that this time around.

• Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures   7 years 26 weeks ago

That´s why the System genesis from Sega was my favorite in the Late 80´s and 90´s , because of games like Pac.Man 2.

• 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors   7 years 26 weeks ago

not one of those who gets offended if people don't like the same games as I, but it can sadden me when people lay off a game before it's true potential shows - especially if the people seems like someone who could get a good experience out of that game.

999 is truly an odd cookie - it does start rather unappealing, but ends as a rather interesting experience that I haven't found anywhere else... but it certainly isn't a game that gives you a good firsthand impression.

• VVVVVV   7 years 26 weeks ago

I got this as part of a Steam bundle over the holidays, really enjoyed it a lot. The mix of die-and-retry with exploration was unexpected and really fresh. Plus I just loved the neon visuals and pumping chiptune soundtrack.

I didn't know it was originally $15. That's pushing it a bit, though still definitely worth it. At $5, it's a steal.

• Roxio Game Capture   7 years 27 weeks ago

Yeah, there's definitely a market for this, but that market probably wouldn't want to spend too much unless it's for at least semi-professional purposes. Then again, they did the research, not me. So perhaps it's priced appropriately :P

• Roxio Game Capture   7 years 27 weeks ago

He may be able to set capture quality to avoid that, I'd think.

• Roxio Game Capture   7 years 27 weeks ago

There's no excuse for colors this washed out from a device that takes component input, even if it can be fixed in other software after the fact. What's more, there's horrible compression artifacts (though that might just be youtube). Even for 480p, this is rather disappointing.

• Roxio Game Capture   7 years 27 weeks ago

I would agree that 480p is pretty disappointing. The hardware they included is probably not up to snuff, but they obviously determined that there's a market for this at non-HD levels. Though you have to assume there's going to be a Game Capture HD at some point. Price it at $50 without any editing software and I think you would have a ton of buyers.

• Roxio Game Capture   7 years 27 weeks ago

Wow, it only records in 480p? That would be pretty disappointing to me. Maybe it's lacking the hardware to encode real-time 720p or something, dunno.

And yeah, a friend actually talked to me about this a bit ago and we determined that it was decent, somewhat cheap option for basic capturing, but the feature set is kinda lacking. Full av passthrough is cool, but I'm not sure if it would be worth it for me (unfortunately the better options are ~$200).

• 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors   7 years 27 weeks ago

I think two playthroughs is the bare minimum, but that means looking at a guide from the start on which doors to take. Two playthroughs is required because one route is needed to unlock the good ending of another route. The first time I played it, I just went through the doors I wanted to and that probably took 8-10 hours. Each playthrough after that was probably around 4-6, so 20 hours at the max.

The frustrating thing about the multiple playthroughs is that you're allowed to fast-forward all the text you've read, but once you reach new text, everything just feels like it crawls to a halt. The text begins to seemingly plop onto the screen character by character, haha. At least being able to tap A to keep the text moving at my own pace would have been nice. And then there's the annoying situation where you encounter text you've read before but it's in a slightly different situation so it's treated as new.

I'd say read a book instead. While 999's story is surprisingly deep, the puzzles don't add a ton.

• Red Dead Redemption   7 years 27 weeks ago

What a shame. I guess they don't want you distracted from all that gorgeous nothing. And I've heard the soundtrack is amazing throughout. Yet another game I need to find some time for...

• 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors   7 years 27 weeks ago

This one's been on my radar for a while, thanks to the zeal of its fans. At the same time, I'm hesitant to pick up a 15+ hour game-novel when I've already got games and novels in my backlogs. I've heard that three playthroughs are the minimum for the final ending, so how long did that take you?

• Civilization V   7 years 27 weeks ago

My boyfriend never comes off his pc, and this is one of the games that has sucked him in lol, suppose i should join ranks and try it out. It looks pretty good.

• Monster Tale   7 years 28 weeks ago

Yesterday Paul posted his Monster Tale review on Grinding Down, we have eerily similar thoughts about the length of the game among other things.

• Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber   7 years 28 weeks ago

This game calls to mind a bag of mixed memories. On one hand, I spend countless hours at home playing it, and I must have went through the game at least three times in a month. On the other hand, I was suffering from panic attacks at the time, and I was too afraid to leave the house somedays…. So all that was left for me to do was play my old n64 games. In a way it was the worst time of my life, but I did have some fun distracting myself from reality with this videogame, super Mario 64, and Zelda of course.

• Mass Effect - The Last Hour   7 years 28 weeks ago

This is truly hilarious.

Normally, I hate, hate, HATE april fools day stuff but this was awesome. I was on vacation out of the country the last few weeks and thrilled to not be on the net on that day, but I'm sad I missed this one. Was laughing for 2 minutes. Pure Awesome.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   7 years 28 weeks ago

p3 wasnt hard at all and fes was a good addition to it. it is a grind game it did get a lil boring at times but most games do if u put alot of time in them and some social links were agravating. u made the game sound horible but in general it is a well polished game with a great story and a good battle system and the ai isnt that dumb if u knew how to control it. the dungeon bosses could be hard but the moon bosses were usually simple. i would still recomend this game to any jrpg fan

• Turok: Dinosaur Hunter   7 years 29 weeks ago

The game is ugly because you are playing on an emulator with imperfect graphics interpretation
    you dumb shee~at...
    The wall textures are not checkered like that.
    Maybe you just suck, games nowadays hold your hand too much.
    (*thick german accent*)Why don'ts you goes ands tells your mommy to brush your long girly hair.