• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   2 years 34 weeks ago

bye.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   2 years 34 weeks ago

Close it.

Now.

for your own sake.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   2 years 34 weeks ago

well you my friend. do you think you're able to make a game better than this? you're just a gamer judging a company's game bro. nothing special.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   2 years 34 weeks ago

it's just an opinion you brat. everyone has their own likings in different and many games. if Greg Noe hates this game just let him be.

• Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny   2 years 35 weeks ago

How and why you make the two go together? I see some parts to me are fun!

• Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure   2 years 39 weeks ago

I'm curious as to whether you ever came back to this game! Ironically, considering your remark about the... anti-epic? nature of the game ("plenty of RPGs start out similar to Rhapsody, but you always get this foreboding feeling that the village may burn down at any minute or your dad will be killed"), soon after the point where you stopped playing things start to pick up. Cornet and the prince are about to fall in love and live happily ever after when Marjoly appears, turning the prince to stone and kidnapping him. The remainder of the game is spent adventuring to various locales and fighting monsters on a quest to save him. Near the end we learn (spoiler alert!) that Kururu is really Cornet's mother, who on her deathbed transformed herself into a puppet so that she could continue to watch over and protect Cornet in a way. So yeah, the game is not without some deep emotional moments. But overall the tone remains humourous, campy, and melodramatic. Which is great - that's its biggest appeal for me (god knows the battle system isn't anything to write home about). And I'm not going to argue it's not a girl game, but it's definitely not a traditional girl game, and I can see why it has more cross-gender appeal in Japan; as mentioned, the "dress contest" portion gives way to the "adventuring" portion fairly early on, and Cornet's prince infatuation is portrayed with such a tongue-in-cheek tone that someone like me, who wouldn't be able to take a similar plot point seriously, could enjoy the humour without being able to relate. Heck, Cornet's rescuing of the Prince is basically as anti-Disney princess as you can get.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   2 years 42 weeks ago

Persona 1 is crap. The dungeon design is awful and tedious. The random encounter rate borders on obnoxious. Battles are not fun. As in most JRPGs, most normal enemies can be defeated with physical attacks while most bosses are defeated by simply spamming your best attacks and healing when needed. The grid system is more of an inconvenience than a challenge. The characters are one-dimensional and lame. The dialogue is wooden and embarrassing. Everything about the game is amateurish.

It's not even "darker" or "more mature" than Persona 3. If you can handle the opening animation sequence of Persona 3, then there's absolutely nothing about Persona 1's plot that would scare you away.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   2 years 44 weeks ago

Well, aren't you a dick?

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   2 years 44 weeks ago

Ok.. i'm not stuck anymore.. what happens is after killing the boss and ending up in the classroom in another year, the game ends two days later.. lol. i was so stressed not getting my save file, i kept reloading and choose differents paths and killing the boss again. So you get two extra days for picking up your cards at the shrine and any weapons you made, and it ends on graduation day. Well not really.. i want more orbs before going harder lol

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   2 years 44 weeks ago

I have to say, some things in p3p really do suck.. I started a New Game Plus or whatever it's called in my second playthrough. Raised the compendium to 100% and got my first orb. For the second playthrough i've chosen beginner mode, so i would get plumes of dusk. Cool story, but then what happens.. At the end of the second playthrough the game changed the difficulty to normal by itself!!! Nothing to worry about at first, because i still had those plumes of dusk. But even if that was taken i wouldn't cry about it, i don't really need those badly. So.. i finish the second playthrough in normal mode and wanted to go a bit harder, like hard or maniac mode.. but there's no more option to create a new save file and with that change difficulty.. So now i'm stuck on normal mode wich is way too easy now.

• Homeworld   2 years 45 weeks ago

For too more history... read the manual!

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   2 years 51 weeks ago

Hook, line and sinker. This page probably has the most comments here, congrats.

I'll just say that I disagree with you on many points.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   2 years 51 weeks ago

You suck Persona 3 is fantastic

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   3 years 1 week ago

Allow me to shorten your review:
    "It is not a classic RPG... it is something different and unique to the persona series and I do not like it"

There, the game sucks? no, it is not for you, for one this is a Dating Sim/RPG thing.
    The idea is, IF YOU ENJOY BOTH OF THOSE GENRES, to have strategy, both on rpg battle and on mundane tasks such as knowing people.

Also, just one boss battle has the "kill both or they revive".
    Also, you really complained that every enemy and boss had different weaknesses? guess you are used to FFVII where summoning kills everything (unlike other better, well balanced FF games).

Bottom line, you said, "I was expecting traditional rpg, and also something mediocre where I dont have to use my brain and can just use the same ONE skill a million times to win"

For the first part I respect it, it was not for you, im sorry for that
    For the second part, suicide, please c:

• Turok: Dinosaur Hunter   3 years 1 week ago

Fuck your review. I am Turok!

• Illusion of Gaia   3 years 3 weeks ago

I've just completed Soul Blazer and Illusion of Gaia back to back, and just started a file on Terranigma for the first time.

It's easy to see the evolution in game mechanics as this series progressed (even only being 30 minutes into Terra). Soul Blazer was simple enough, with next to nothing to do besides freeing souls to open doors or unlock a villager that will give you some deus ex machina item/effect/etc. Then we get to Illusion of Gaia, a game that seems much more ambitious at first, but ends up being even more linear in the end. But hey, the dungeons were incredibly fun atleast. Terranigma actually feels like a complex game thus far, with an actual over world map with exploration, a real item and equipment menu, and the best artistic design the series had seen to date, it's a damn shame the series didn't have much of a future (Granstream Saga is a spiritual sequel to the series, but it ended there).

But back to Illusion of Gaia. The game suffered from two things mainly: The goddamn awful translation (which was made even more awful by forced censoring at the last minute) that made the plot completely incomprehensible, and the game was too damned linear. The graphical design was above average Enix fare for the time (early Enix produced games seemed to always look bad for some reason), and the gameplay was pretty top notch. As far as the actual story goes, I'm sure that a translation with some effort put forth could yield a pretty deep plot, but there are still alot of questions to be asked (such as, why the hell did the Jackal get mentioned barely at all into the game, but only brought back during the last 30 minutes, only to be immediately killed? Or how about telling us a bit about the King who wanted some sort of power that was never explained to us). It wasn't a good plot, despite the perception of depth that themes of life, evolution, humanitarian progress, etc., making people think different.

Just my two cents, though I know no one will ever read this, and I may never again either!

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   3 years 5 weeks ago

If you want a game that is more adult oriented I suggest looking at the series the Persona franchise spun off. Shin Megumi Tensei still has the demon negotiating gameplay as of IV, and no social links as far as I can see.

• Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare   3 years 6 weeks ago

pfft. the fact that this got a good score means I shouldn't consider any of your reviews.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   3 years 7 weeks ago

umad bro? Lol secretly you love skyrim, you know you do.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   3 years 7 weeks ago

I too have little love for this game and thought Eternal Punishment was a vastly superior game. Gone is a lot of the whiny teen drama--I played this game during my high school years and I didn't relate to any of these characters because they're all exaggerated putzes who, if I met them in reality, would likely recommend they work on their issues and potentially get help. Seriously I've known a lot of people in high school and not one of them were nearly as big of a loser as any of these characters who we're supposed to 'relate to' in Persona 3.

Wish Atlus would drop this whole school dating sim + weak story teen drama bit and just go back to the adult-oriented Persona 2 type of story. And drop the social link crap. I'd much rather have demon negotiation back, especially since with modern tech they could actually program more believable personalities into the demons when you converse with them. But chances are Atlus will never go back because I guess the average Persona fan loves the high school dating sim uguu kawaii desu sugoi crap.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   3 years 7 weeks ago

What This guy said.

"With Persona 3, the downfall of the Persona series began.
    This great and epic series turned into a simplified and pussified dating sim with plastic pop music.
    Persona 1 and 2 were better as they:
    - were darker and more mature games
    - had better music (I like Meguro's work on Shin Megami Tensei, but plastic pop doesn't suit the real Persona)
    - were portraying a consistent world with Philemon, Nyarlathotep and Satomi Tadashi which were dropped in later games
    - allowed you to choose your companion's Personas
    - had demon negotiation
    - unlocked new personas with tarot cards. Jack Frost inheriting fire spells via demon fusion is not really plausible
    - had more unique demons instead of lazily reusing the Shin Megami Tensei monsters"

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   3 years 7 weeks ago

Fuck this review fuck people like you go masturbate to skyrim or something i hate reading posters like you every fucking time burn in hell, you don't know shit about games.

• Video Game High School   3 years 8 weeks ago

I love games. The Familiar characters of Warcraft's past versions, such as Grom Hellscream, Ner'zhul and Blackhand, will also appear here.