• Dragon Ball Z: Budokai   38 weeks 3 days ago

Looks like I'm six years too late. You hold the guard button (default guard button should be x on the play station and a on the xbox) and then double tap and hold the back button, being whatever direction is opposite to your opponent, on the d-pad. You can also double tap and hold back on the left analog stick to charge if you're more comfortable charging energy that way.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   39 weeks 11 hours ago

Story -
    What you listed as "emo" or "depressed" with the characters I ask 'How in the blue hell are they even remotely "emo" or "depressed?"' as you like to put it
    RPGs have always had long and boring starts even FFVII (Yes, I am a big fan of FFVII and I still stand by this disregarding all of my FFVII bias) and really its just your avg. solve this mystery and save the world kind of RPG really, nothing new or bad with that.

- Social Links/Non-Battle Shenanigans -
    Social Links helps developes the characters you interact with and you get to see they're not all exactly bread and butter and its fun to see how attach you become to these people as a result.

Though moving on to your "cell phone" bit, I'm sorry but that's not really a treand cuz other than GTA IV which is the only game I've played besides P3 that have characters buggin' you via cellphones and even disregarding what I've played, haven't really seen it at all minus GTA tbh so not really a trend.

- Tartarus -
    Tartarus doesn't look exactly the same cuz you have different "blocks" you go through to break up the boredom ever so slightly. So even though I saw the same layout a lot through those blocks I didn't really care about that cuz I was either focusing on fighting or rushing to get Elizabeth's Quests done or get to the Bosses at predestined floors like Venus Eagles (3x) on Floor 5.

Albeit it *can* get annoying I love fighting the bosses cuz it feels like I overcame a hurdle and I feel accomplished thanks to it, and the Tarot Card bosses (Full Moon bosses) make those boss fights interesting whether it be for before battle or during it. Sure some can go die in a fire but hey not all of them are winners.

- Overall -
    I honestly don't get why you hate this game as much as you do but I do think you're being incredibly unfair to not just this game but the entie RPG genre as a whole. That's like saying you hate the Platforming genre just cuz you hate this one platforming game so badly that it killed it for you.

Anyway, you need to give this a proper shot again cuz it's not as bad as you made it out to be. It's a fun game through-and-through.

• Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden   39 weeks 1 day ago

You could have at least gotten to a battle! But it's curious that you both stopped before anything even started (at one point or another). Says something about the game's pacing. You're already a Game Maker-made JRPG indie game, your audience is small enough, don't lose a percentage of players early on to a slow beginning with HUGE pauses in between dialog.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   40 weeks 1 day ago

I understand you right now.
    Probably one of the worst problems I have with this game is how "even" you are to your enemies and how bosses and literally shots in the dark towards beating them and missing those shot grants you death.
    Literally minutes away from writing this, I was on floor 49, I had beaten the guardian on floor 47 and and having just the shittiest luck in any dog I've ever played.
    "What are the rates on the main character missing magic and melee strikes? I watched myself miss 2 bufu's and 3 melee strikes in a row a fight against 3 tables on fire (forgot what they were called since I was so pissed at the time and still kinda am) and then being destroyed by their agilao's one after another was the final straw.
    I gazed furiously at the 4 skulls across everyone's little portrait and then thought "hey, it's only like the 4th time I've been wiped by ridiculously strong enemies despite playing well. Lemme try again." So then I grinded (I was down 4 levels on my main before death and saving really is a time consuming process)
    And then while grinding up, the game freezes. I won't be surprised if I never play this game again honestly.
    My luck has been ABYSMAL as of late, and yeah the caps were needed. "A masterpiece" they said. "You can't miss this one out" they said.
    fuck them. They need to find a better rpg to hype.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   40 weeks 4 days ago

Yes somebody else uses this reference!!!!

• Halo 3: ODST   40 weeks 4 days ago

Good work... but you got a lot of things wrong.
    The elites are called "brutes", cat is "Dare", night vision is called "VISR", the "other ODST guy" is a Marine, minute 44- one shot not three
    some other stuff but i don't wanna be an a-hole.
    Just for constructive criticism.

Its in my opinion one of the best Halo games, because it is unique, my favorite feeling is creeping around at night in the streets, hiding from bad guys. Not a good game for straight up shoot-em-up people. Certainly not for gears of war fans.

• Mobile Minute: Temple Run 2, Subway Surfers, and Super Hexagon   41 weeks 3 days ago

I have played temple run 2 and subway surfers. These games are that game by which you will get addicted easily. Also i am a gamer and love to play video games. I have played NBA 2K17 and this is the best game of ps4. Check the nba2k17-lockercodes.com/nba-2k17-badges-guide/ NBA 2K17 Badges guide.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   42 weeks 4 days ago

You suck at gaming or at least at RPGs. Why? Because Yes and because I concluded you are a little impatient and stupid. Probably a children. Done.

I tried to review like you did and I think I still did better.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   44 weeks 5 days ago

Im late, like many others but never the less, Its unfortunate that you didnt like the game. I personally loved it but for one game to make you hate an entire genre simply must mean you dont truly enjoy video games. It makes me think of how you are with other mediums and if you dislike one thing you immediately reject the product as a whole. but I digress. You also should probably think and sleep on what you write because you simply seemed like an impatient frustrated child with the start of "Frakking endless story"...really? at least try to convince anyone to take you seriosly, and I agree with tarturus. but saying "the games sucks" without articulating yourself well makes you look ignorant, unless you can display your ideas in a more objective matter for a review you probably shouldn't review it. And this goes without saying but finish the game before you talk about it, common sense really. Look I dont blame you, you are clearly someone who dosnt convey their ideas well and needs practice. maybe one day Ill read a good review by you, until then deal with the mounts of butt hurt persona fans and others just like you

thanks if you read all of this

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   45 weeks 6 days ago

Oh boy 2010, Well I wanna clarify some points about these games because what you did is the RPG equivalent of trying to play Monster Hunter like Devil May Cry.

"One loser I befriended early on kept calling my cell phone at night wanting to make plans. I wanted nothing to do with this guy because I was trying to get with the girl with the glasses, so I kept shutting him down."

The social links may seem to work like the ones in a Visual Novel would, but i's the opposite: Try to maximize as muchs as you can, they'll help you gameplay-wise.

"I took two approaches to climbing Tartarus: when a new block would open up, I would try to rush up all the floors as quickly as possible so that I could guarantee I at least made it to the boss in time."

Don't do this, you can fight the Tartarus' bosses after the full moon bosses, also the tartarus bosses are harder.

"The second way to climb Tartarus was to grind. When that full moon day came by and you had to participate in the special mission, you had better be leveled high enough to beat the full moon boss. Not able to beat it? Grind some more. Grind, grind, grind. I hate grinding more than I hate shimmying."

You don't need to grind that much. The objective of the game is to create personae, the status of your persona is more important than your level: try making personae with various elemental affinities and with buffing and debuffing skills.

"The lack of direct control over the other three characters in battle can lead to some huge issues, mainly that the A.I. can be dumb."

Yes, this can be a problem specially with Mitsuru. Try setting the command to "knock down" I don't remmember if you have to unlock it but you should be just fine for most of the game. If you really want to control your allies try with Persona 3 Portable.

Bottom line is: if you bothered playing this game 30 hours, I don't think it would be too hard to do so another 30 hours. Hype is bad and if someone tells you a game will change your life, they are obviously wrong (happened to me with ff7). If you really don't want to revisit this game try playing Persona 4: it polished most things of this game, or Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne: it has a deeper combat system and more interesting bosses.

Also about Odin Sphere: Yes, this one is repetitive but it has a nice tie-in story, it's meant to be played as an Action RPG that's why there's a stamina bar, this game relies HEAVELY in item management: when to plant seeds, make potions, sell items, etc. just remember you can buy most stuff.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   48 weeks 4 days ago

Absolutely agree, I'm about 20 hrs in, and while I don't hate it, I'm still waiting for when this game is going to get good. I do hope the author of the article played Rogue Galaxy eventually, I'm 50 hrs in, and I love that game! I guess I'll move on to P4Golden and see if it's any better. Persona 1 had an amazing story and much better, but the monster bargaining became overwhelming so I haven't finished it yet.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   1 year 3 days ago

See, the thing about calling out on someone's hypocrisy... it really goes both ways, you know? I mean, here you are, asking a stranger online to kill himself, right? All the while, you're talking how intelligence and age are mutually exclusive, when here you are, pulling the same shit as Mr. Grammar there by criticizing his grammar and asking him to kill himself like an 8 year old Call of Duty player.

Sniff, sniff. Do you smell that? I believe we've found ourselves more hypocrisy!

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   1 year 5 days ago

This is coming from a Persona fan by the way. Okay, fine, Persona 4 fan, but whatever. I don't necessarily agree with the article fully, but I do agree that Tartarus and grinding just plain suck. Maybe you like to spend countless hours doing the same shit over and over again, but some of us actually have better taste than you, so shut the hell up. You acting like a bunch of butthurt morons make us Persona fans look bad.

Seriously, you're the epitome of everything wrong about the Internet, acting like 6 year old Call of Duty gamers swearing online about how someone is wrong about your fucking opinion. Grow the fuck up.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   1 year 5 days ago

Gotta love how cancerous these comments are. I don't even know what this website is, having to stumble upon it, and I already don't like it after seeing these comments by 8 year olds. Do you go around saying people suck on the Internet? I feel sorry for you if you do.

Fuck it! Your an stupid keyboard warrior who knows nothing about talking to people properly.

lawlz

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   1 year 5 days ago

Right, because grinding is TOTALLY a challenging element that requires in-depth strategies and expert skills to get through, instead of, oh I don't know, wasting thousands of hours repeating the same bullshit routines, which is honestly a broken gameplay element lacking of creativity. In short: it's just plain lazy game design.

Your point about modern gamers requiring babysitting is invalid in this context. It would have made sense if the complaint was about how the game is too hard and I wish it was easier - then yeah, I'm bitching about not being babysat. Grinding, on the other hand, is not the same thing, since it's fucking boring and is the exact opposite of "fun", something I expect when I play a game. Do these so-called hardcore gamers/elitists not have fun anymore as they pretentiously spend thousands of hours thrusting their ego around on the Internet?

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   1 year 3 weeks ago

Behold the wrath of butthurt, weeaboo teenagers who scream at differing opinions. Good luck in life if you ever reach adulthood, you scathing moron. Persona 3 was garbage, review was spot on.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   1 year 8 weeks ago

The game is not trash, your trash. The game is easy and enjoyable you can't enjoy because you are expecting to much,every games has its rules and if you can't follow it then you will always suck.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   1 year 8 weeks ago

This is a great game and all of persona series are great games you just some stupid guys need to learn the meaning of game. Also what about Persona 4? You said you have it un-touched right? Try it out, if you still don't like it, you sucks :P i believe most of the people who have played the persona series will agree with me as well

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   1 year 9 weeks ago

were all amazing games, and are on the complete opposite end of badness. Kill yourself.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   1 year 9 weeks ago
    Ha.

If they're autistic, then what does that make people like you who use beneficial and good things as insults?
    Intelligence isn't based on age, and even though you're critiquing someone's writing, you lack the decency to begin your sentences with capital letters and end statements in periods. Kill yourself, hypocrite.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   1 year 11 weeks ago

Can't tell if it is sarcasm but in the game if you reach lvl 99 your stats boost like that... 999 HP and 999 MP

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   1 year 12 weeks ago

The whole line of attacks against OP on here is disgusting. I get that some of you really love Persona... but Christ, telling someone to go kill themselves just because they disagree with you is just downright awful. The lot of you hurling insults and suicide wishes at OP: please grow the fuck up. Or at least I hope the issue is a lack of maturity (the grammar indicates many of you turds are teens or pre-teens), because otherwise you're all just despicable twats who deserve a healthy dose of reality. It's video games you're defending here you fucking idiots, not the rights of nation-states or the freedom to practice your religion -- you look ignorant when you fly off the handle just because someone states an opinion that conflicts with your own. Now go back to your pathetic fanboy cults and feel ashamed of yourselves, because any sensible folk reading this page certainly feel a healthy dose of shame for your sorry asses.

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   1 year 12 weeks ago

*sigh*... People these days... if a game isn't baby sitting you throughout the whole game it immediately sucks :3...

• How Persona 3 destroyed my love for Japanese RPGs   1 year 12 weeks ago

Nice review on the game. I haven't actually played P3, but I am going through P4 for the first time and I was googling to see if I'm the only person who hates the dungeons in the game, and I ended up here. I agree with everything you said though, it can all be applied to P4 as well. I like the game but I hate the battle system and RPG aspects of it. I think it would be better if it was just a dating sim/full-on visual novel without battles, but looking at all these negative comments, not a lot of people would agree. I've kind of gotten fed up with P4 recently and cheated in it, so now my characters are way overleveled... I just want to hurry up and beat the game and not worry too much about grinding and levels and all that garbage. The battle system is really bad to me, it's just so slow and repetitive and the last 3 times I played it, I started feeling sleepy as soon as I turned the game on lol. And I ended up falling asleep during one of the cutscenes lol 3 times... I was slightly looking forward to P5 because I hear a lot of talk about it, but now that I've gotten a taste of Persona through P4, I don't think the Persona series is for me. I do like the writing in the game though, so I will check out some Let's Plays on youtube once P5 hits, but I don't think I'll be playing it myself. I just gave the game a chance because I have Gamefly, because Persona is my best friend's favorite game series, and because I heard a lot of reviews. Well, it's good that a lot of people like the game as it is, I just think it would be infinitely better if they revamped the battle system. It's just so slow compared to any of the FF games. And the difficulty was off putting as well, even though I was Beginner, but I was still having loads of trouble with battles. >.< I guess I just really suck. Anyway, I've babbled on for long enough. Thanks for reading if you did.

• The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword [Video]   1 year 15 weeks ago

When I play it, I don't even see the threats anywhere in the screen. Is that actually a screenshot from the actual game? The game never showed it in my screen at all. I'm not kidding.