• 007: Everything or Nothing   8 years 40 weeks ago

I've played more of the game and he does say "Bond, James Bond" a couple of missions later.

• 007: Everything or Nothing   8 years 40 weeks ago

I actually didn't really like driving the Cayenne. I am looking forward to the Daytona though.

• Fallout   8 years 40 weeks ago

I agree, fallout is really a great game. I have finished fallout 2 seven times, each time I played it I chose a different way to complete quests. It is so interesting. However I was disappointed with the third fallout, it was not as interesting as previous two parts.

• Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures   8 years 40 weeks ago

Awesome! Now I'm just waiting for them to redp Frogger and Donkey Kong. My life would be complete at that point.

• 007: Everything or Nothing   8 years 40 weeks ago

You used the word "whilst" when "while" would have sufficed. -1

• Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures   8 years 41 weeks ago

If you love Pacman, you will love this movie of a giant sized Pacman terrorizing shoppers in Bournemourh, all in the name of Art.

• 007: Everything or Nothing   8 years 41 weeks ago

I really enjoyed this game. I didn't quite finish it and I don't recall why. Maybe I got stuck. I remember really enjoying driving that porsche cayenne, as well as the Triumph Daytona. Lots of fun gadgets and great cinematic action sequences.

• Enter the Matrix   8 years 41 weeks ago

So I played the game a little more; let's just say, don't look for a full review from me.

One thing I should mention, there's a little hacking mini-game where you use a command line interface to browse the computer on Niobe's hovercraft and find passwords for hidden folders and such. It is way more fun than the main game, I really enjoyed it and played all the way through it (maybe half an hour). You get to access files such as character bios and weapon info, and the ability to watch the movie clips you've already seen during the story mode.

Playing through that mini-game also unlocks a two-player combat mode, where each player picks a character and the duke it out with kung-fu. You can even choose Trinity, and I think if you beat the main game you can play as Neo as well. But it's not fun. It's cool for a minute to see the sweet kung-fu moves, but the fighting isn't deep enough to make it last long.

• Mass Effect: Pinnacle Station   8 years 41 weeks ago

I agree!!!! I am currently waiting for the timer to run out on the subterranean level (I have 104 kills ON INSANITY already), while in the volcanic level it seems almost impossible to get past 20 kills. Major point loss to bioware for this. How could they release such an unbalanced game!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!

• Games I simply could not sell   8 years 41 weeks ago

Not sure who you are Mr. Anonymous... but I'm guessing Steve or Aaron? Must be Aaron, because I believe Steve sold his copy. Pathetic!

• Games I simply could not sell   8 years 41 weeks ago

Did you play my copy of Suikoden 2? I still have it... it really is one of the best RPGs ever.

• The Legend of Zelda: The Complete Animated Series   8 years 42 weeks ago

Well hey. I've never watched them. to be honest, I didn't even know that such a thing existed before I looked at this sight. They look like they could be fun! And about the animation . . . well it was the end of the eighties . . so I'll excuse it. But if they did make anyhting out of the Legend of Zelda beside games, I think I'd want it to be a movie.

• Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic   8 years 42 weeks ago

Great to see another Mass Effect fan that also had trouble getting into Kotor. I really think Bioware has done a great job evolving the Western RPG on the consoles from slow and awkward to exciting and pretty fast paced during the action.

I honestly had no trouble getting into the first hour of Mass Effect, I think I actually gave it a 9/10 when scoring the first hour (don't score them anymore). Maybe I was a little pumped up on adrenaline or something but I loved it. I've been wrong about first hours before, but for me and Mass Effect... love at first sight.

• Sacred 2: Fallen Angel   8 years 42 weeks ago

This is on my list to pickup soon. You mention diablo and the like and isometric perspective. When speaking of games like this on a console, I'm reminded of the Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance series as well as the Champions series on PS2. These were 3rd person isometric games and I remember having similar issues with pulling the camera back "far enough". You could zoom in so close that you could see only your character but you could only zoom out far enough to see the room you were in. So, when people say it's supposed to be this way, I think they're right, but from a third person action gamer perspective, this is a bit challenging.

So, if you liked this game, and don't mind playing older last gen titles, I HIGHLY recommend you pick up the first Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance. I believe it's available on PS2/cube/xbox. It was a blast and sounds very similar, although very linear and the upgrade systems (levels/gear) sound much simpler. But, both of which worked very well.

• Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic   8 years 42 weeks ago

I played this game for about 2 hours, maybe 2 years ago. I'm a huge Star Wars fan and was really looking forward to this game. My reaction to it at the time was not as good. I really struggled with the dialog heavy layout and the cludgy combat controls. I went into it expecting more action and less RPG and I recall being somewhat confused by the whole "hacking" (is that what they called it?) thing where you could, as I recall, scavenge parts off dead robots to be used later?

I've always meant to go back to it with a better mindset. I'm sure it's a fantastic game. I just went into it wrong and that hurt the experience for me.

Also, because I later went on to play and beat Mass Effect, I wanted to give it a second look in light of that experience. Mass Effect is a game for me that really defied my expectations. The first few hours were painfully slow (with HUGE amounts of dialog) but as I got further into the game, I realized that with such a deep universe and surrounding storyline, the game absolutely required a lot of exposition. What started out as a game I really disliked, eventually became a game I fell in love with. I would say 9 times out of ten, the first hour of a game is all you need to know if it is something you'll like. In the case of Mass Effect though, for me, the game really needed more time to get going; time to breathe. After reading your review, I'm wondering if KOTOR might end up being the same type of game for me.

• Mass Effect: Pinnacle Station   8 years 42 weeks ago

Hello. I stumbled onto your website from a link you provided on Kotaku. Just wanted to say that I really like the concept of this website (the whole 'first hour impressions'). It's a very interesting way to review these games.

• The Sims 3   8 years 43 weeks ago

Well the sims are games i can play a whole day. Lucky my girlfriend is putting me away from the sims ;)

• Okami   8 years 44 weeks ago

I never play this game before but i found it interesting, is not a typical game, and that is what catch my attention, i don't like to play the games that all other does, i want a special game, and this sound like this. i will try it soon as i can.

thank for the review.

• Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures   8 years 44 weeks ago

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Susan

• Rogue Galaxy   8 years 44 weeks ago

It seems it got you into the action quickly enough and provided enough intrigue in the first hour to keep going, at least for me. I love cel-shaded graphics as well, too bad the trend is pretty much over. It rocked in Wind Waker and Tales of Symphonia, and seems to have been used to good effect here as well.

In reference to the box bragging of over 100 hours of gameplay: when I was in high school, I used to like long games like that. Now I prefer games that I can play through and finish; the long games never seem to get finished.

Also, it's likely the game doesn't take nearly that long to beat; that time probably includes all the sidequests and such. I'm in the middle of Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean (tri-Ace RPG on the GameCube) which I believe was once boasted to have 200 hours of gameplay. A friend of mine who has beat it said the main game was about 40 hours, but there was one sidequest that basically required you to play the game for over one hundred hours to complete. That seems a little cheap, but I was relieved to hear I wouldn't have to spend 200 hours just to finish the story.

• Rogue Galaxy   8 years 44 weeks ago

Reminds me of Tales of Symphonia.

• Mister Mosquito   8 years 45 weeks ago

The odd thing is that the game is factually inaccurate as well. Only female mosquitoes suck blood.

Often had my eye on this one, but never picked it up. Looks quirky in a Roommania #203 way.

• The Sims 3   8 years 45 weeks ago

Well, it was smart of you to only put Sims on one computer so there will always be someone to "take care of the kid."

I have to agree with you about the speed thing. I still go on super speed when all of my sims are sleeping and it drives me nuts how slow it is. I imagine it's much worse when you are only one sim and at work for a whole day.

I forgot to ask you about it after I started playing, but I knew you'd love the never nude part. Too funny.

• Ico   8 years 45 weeks ago

There is a windmill in the game, if i'm not mistaking, you should have passed that part what you see on the windmill art image to go further. Plus that the image looks exactly how the spot looks like ingame.

• Mister Mosquito   8 years 45 weeks ago
    u

This game was extremely creative for the time and generally fun.