• Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars   5 years 41 weeks ago

on the wii theres some glitches in particular one puzzle that won't be solved because they left out part of the word u have to highlight im almost done the game too... :( otherwise, cool game to play if ur bored

• Chrono Trigger 15th Anniversary Tribute   5 years 41 weeks ago

Greatest game of all time. I'm 23 years old....this beautiful game will never be lost in my memory Happy Belated Chrono Trigger!!!!!

• Dragon Ball Z: Budokai   5 years 42 weeks ago

How do you regain energy

• The First Hour Podcast - Episode 9   5 years 42 weeks ago

I didn't mean to imply that Team Ninja was at fault for those strange decisions, but I guess it did come across that way a little. Team Ninja might have been this game's saving grace, after all.

• The First Hour Podcast - Episode 9   5 years 42 weeks ago

Interesting to hear you bought Ivy the Kiwi for Wii. I tried a demo of the DS game. It definitely has that Kirby Canvas Curse vibe, and I loved Canvas Curse. I haven't quite warmed up to it, but it's something to consider buying.

I liked the discussion about the Metroid series as well. It's important to note that most of the major changes and decisions (Wii remote-only controls, cinematic storyline) were decided by Sakamoto (Nintendo's Metroid guy) rather than Team Ninja, who mostly just developed the 3D assets and combat system. I read one of those Iwata Asks interviews with the Sakamoto, the Team Ninja head, and the guy in charge of the game's FMV scenes and the Metroid guy was the head honcho, for sure. You can sort of see a shift towards that cinematic storytelling style in Fusion and Zero Mission, which he was also in charge of.

I've got a First Hour of Other M going up on Monday, and a full review shortly after that.

• The First Hour Podcast - Episode 9   5 years 42 weeks ago

There is no way the Call to Power series is better than Civilization 2. The real gang went on to make the best Civilization game after Civ 2, Alpha Centauri! Play that!

• Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life   5 years 42 weeks ago

Yeah, I actually want to play Guardian of Light too, seems like something I would enjoy.

One more note on the movie, it felt almost as much of a Gerard Butler vehicle as it did an Angelina Jolie movie. Not sure if the buddy thing helped it out that much.

• Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life   5 years 42 weeks ago

for the franchise so I'm probably not objective enough to give my opinion.

I will say this though, the new Guardian of Light game is quite fun. I've not been gaming much lately for personal reasons, but this game might be interesting enough to get me playing again, and even writing again.

• Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life   5 years 42 weeks ago

Honestly, Lara Croft would be like The Godfather compared to the stuff they enjoy watching. Anyway, I've seen the original on television. It was pretty bad, but at least they raided a tomb...I think. There were stone monsters, at least.

• Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars   5 years 43 weeks ago

I feel like this kind of game is counterintuitive on a system like the Wii, but can't speak about it with actual authority.

• Mafia II   5 years 43 weeks ago

I played the demo on PSN and it was pretty good. I started in Vito's apartment and drove to a site where Joe and a Sicilian (think his name was Henry?) were ready to make a hit on some guy. It's got a few hitches in the framerate and the combat isn't perfect, but it's pretty good for an open-world game. There's a surprising bit of personality to help this stand out from other mob games, especially in the music.

• I Wanna Be The Guy   5 years 43 weeks ago

actually this game isn't that hard if you've played A LOT like me so go download the game its awesome!

• Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars   5 years 43 weeks ago

I've been curious about this game, thanks for doing the review. I was thinking about picking it up on the Wii. How do you think it would translate?

• The First Hour Podcast - Episode 8   5 years 43 weeks ago

Yeah, I looked up both those voice actors later. Sorry about the noise in the background, I'm not sure how that got through.

• Chrono Trigger 15th Anniversary Tribute   5 years 44 weeks ago

Today is the 15 year anniversary of North American release of Chrono Trigger. Happy birthday CT.

• Memorable Ideas from Unforgettable Games - New Game Plus   5 years 44 weeks ago

I'd say Title Defense is another thing entirely. A wonderful thing that made Punch-Out!! so much more awesome than I expected it to be.

• The First Hour Podcast - Episode 8   5 years 44 weeks ago

It's nice that they acknowledged that hearing a familiar voice takes you out of the game. Something else about Mafia II's voicework takes me out of the game, though... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpRkT9JxdnE

Also, same deal with Robin/Tales of Symphonia. That was also my first "Wow, these two characters have the same voice!" moment that I can remember.

Good discussion, I enjoy listening to these more than most gaming podcasts. What's that noise in the background, though? It was hypnotic during that pause when Greg was catching his train of thought, lol.

• The First Hour Podcast - Episode 8   5 years 44 weeks ago

I really like the art style of Bioshock Infinite. And also need to play the original >_<

not sure if it qualifies, but the wii version of Punch Out!! had a mode named Title Defense. In it, you fight every single opponent you met with again, and in the exact same order as they were in the Contender competitions (Minor, Major and World Circuits); the big difference, however, is that you're now the champion, and those who lost to you will offer tremendously more difficult fights, as their strategies remix; your duty is to defend your title against them.

• Mass Effect: Electra in Space   5 years 44 weeks ago

Haha, you are definitely right. I plan to write about it soon as there is an insane amount of daddy issues in Mass Effect 2.

• The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess   5 years 44 weeks ago

Great to hear! We definitely all play at different paces, some people like to rush, some people like to go slow and take it all in. I try to strike a balance between the two, though I admit it seems I didn't get a lot accomplished in Twilight Princess' first hour. Not sure if it was the game or just me though.

• Mass Effect: Electra in Space   5 years 44 weeks ago

It's even worse in ME2. THE DADDY ISSUES DO NOT STOP.

• The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess   5 years 44 weeks ago

in my 1st hour of the game i was way farther than you have been talking about in the first hour i was in the dungeon. I have been playing zelda games since i was 7 years old. I am now 11 and I hav completed ocarina of time, a link to the past , twilight princess, and wind waker. and going to complete skyward sword with one swift motion of the wii remote. i'm a girl too! i learned how to play twilight princess from my brother but my dad taught me how to play the rest. :)

• Infinite Space   5 years 44 weeks ago

I didn't realize that the Dodge command lasted until your next command. I guess I should get back into this game.

• Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game   5 years 44 weeks ago

She's my favorite as well, though Stills is a close second. All of the playable characters are bursting with personality even with just their limited collection of sprites, though, so you really can't go wrong with anybody.